We Make Serious Learning Fun!
Office Phone: 323-251-7010
Work Fax: 310.216.1306
Address: 8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd. Ste 110/771
Los Angeles, CA 90045
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chess Tutors Crowned
of the Year by:
Policies and Procedures
Policies and Procedures
Chess Tutors After-school Enrichment Program Policies:
Our Chess Tutors Enrichment After-School Program is offered year-round. Our Chess Tutors program maximizes school spirit and parent participation.
Children who participate and work hard in our program will:
Our model for success:
"The more we can rely on each other, the higher we can set our goals."
Please read the following information carefully prior to signing your child up for our program. It is imperative that you as a parent or guardian be fully aware of how we operate. The following information is provided that there might not be any misunderstandings regarding our commitment to you (and your children) and our expectation from you (and your children) as registered participants in our program:
Our Chess Tutors Program have reached approximately 100 schools within 20 school districts. Our continued success is widely due to our staff and our parents understanding and adhering to the policies below. Our instructors are professional supplemental educators who have been screened, trained and contracted by our company to provide the highest educational experience for our youth.
Safety and Procedures:
1. Safety is a top priority in all of our Chess Tutors after School Programs. Therefore, we take it upon ourselves to ensure that all Kindergarteners are picked up from their classrooms and are brought to the same program location each and every week of each and every session. This way our youngest students become familiar with our routine and thereby are better able to make their way to our program (conveniently located on the school site) independently from first grade through 6th. All of our students in grades 1 through 6 are expected to meet in the designated area (listed on flyer) following school dismissal on the appointed day(s). Parents concerned about their first or second graders making it to chess alone are welcome to contact us directly at (323) 251-7010, and we will be happy to lend a hand. Otherwise, we expect our parents to communicate with their children about where to meet us following class dismissal. Parents can rely on us to meet in the same location each week. It is the parents’ and child's responsibility that our participating student's make it to class each week. No refunds or pro-rates will be offered for a class missed. However, we will do our best to help students get caught up on any important information that they miss out on.
Refund/Cancellation/Make-up Class Policy:
2. Please review your family schedule thoroughly prior to registering for our program as we schedule our educators and order supplies based on the amount of students who register for a given session. Therefore, it is prohibitive for us to allow refunds or make-up classes for any reason. In the event that your child is unable to attend our program after you have registered him or her, we will gladly grant you an automated voucher (for the full amount paid minus $16.25 for any class attended) that can be used for any after school session. The voucher will not expire until your child graduates or transfers schools. This way you can take advantage of our services at a future date suitable for you, and we can maintain integrity with our staff and our vendors. Additionally, you are free to sell, donate or exchange the voucher you receive from us.
Regarding missed days, we don't offer make-up classes. However, we are very particular about reviewing our lesson plans. We are big believers that repetition enhances cognition so whatever your child missed on a given week is likely to be covered again in one of the following weeks.
In the event a parent realizes their child will not be able to take advantage of one of our future sessions prior to attending a class due to a transferal of schools et cetera, refunds less a $25.00 cancellation fee will be provided for cancellations received in writing to email@example.com cc’d firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event a student attends a class and then the parent realizes they will not be able to complete the session due to a transfer etcetera, we will gladly grant parents a refund less a $25 cancellation fee and only deduct $16.25 per class that the student attended.
If you have any questions, please direct them to email@example.com and always cc' firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not turn your child away if he or she shows up to our program, even if his or her name is not on our roster. The reason is sometimes parents register the day of and the names of the children who are registered don't always reflect on our rosters, so we give each child the benefit of the doubt on the first day of our program.
Pick up Policy:
3. Your son/daughter must be picked up promptly at the end of the After School Program. Students must be picked up within ten minutes of program dismissal. Our program is not responsible for your child following the ten minute courtesy period. However, in the event parents neglect to indicate at the bottom of the flyer who (or where) their child should be release to. We will release 3rd grade students and above to the playground following the ten minute courtesy. Students 2nd grade or below will be walked to the school office. In any case, as a precaution it is our practice to contact the parents of each child prior to releasing them. PLEASE HELP US BY STATING ON THE REGISTRATION FORM: WHO WILL PICK UP YOUR CHILD, OR STATE WHERE YOUR CHILD SHOULD BE RELEASED TO. Multiple late pick-ups may result in your son/daughter being dropped from our After School Program. Although we don't charge late fees for a child remaining on campus after our program dismissal - should we find ourselves in the unfortunate situation where a guardian for a child is unreachable and if the office is closed and if the playground is empty and it is after 6pm - please know that your child will be considered “abandoned” and will come under the supervision of the local Sheriff’s Department. Furthermore, your child will be dropped from our after school program roster and no refund will be granted.
4.) Regular attendance is important. Students are expected to actively participate and stay for the entire program each week. Furthermore, it is the parent’s responsibility to contact us in the event their child is unable to attend. We take our time with your children very serious and our instructors are held accountable for the progress your child makes during their time with them so we need them present each week and we need you to take responsibility for informing us when they are unable to make it.
WE NEVER TURN A CHILD AWAY!!!!
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:
Though it is our practice to contact those parents via email who have registered for our program, we do not guarantee that every parent will be contacted whom have registered to inform them that they have been accepted into our afterschool program. Rather, unless you receive a phone call stating that our program is full, you can be assured (almost 100%) of the time that you are on our roster. In some cases, you may not be on our roster due to last minute updates, but nevertheless we will accept your child into our program. We will never turn a child away. Any discrepancies we may have with a given registration will be taken up with the parent not the child.
The following steps will be taken for behavioral offenses:
5. Participation in Chess Tutors is a privilege and a opportunity. It is extremely important to have clearly defined discipline procedures to ensure a safe and positive environment for all participants. However, we prefer and believe in the incentive approach opposed to the discipline route. After-all we focus on making the learning process fun. Nevertheless, we must have procedures in place for the exceptional cases that warrant them.
Outside participation of our program
6. Students may only participate in our Chess Tutors program at their home school unless otherwise cleared by the Principal.
7. Children are not allowed to carry or administer their own medication during our Chess Tutors operating hours (unless a letter has been signed by the school principal permitting them to do so). If your child requires a dosage of his/her prescribed medication during the Chess Tutors program, the parent must have their physician complete a medical release form (the Principal must sign it as well). Medication must be given directly to the Site Coordinator by the parent. All medication must be clearly labeled with the child’s name, medication name, date, dosage, doctor’s name and telephone number. Please note that our staff may not administer medication.
Policy Regarding Photography
8. In an effort to capture a special moment in time, be it a child delivering their first checkmate, or winning their first trophy or simply remembering to shake hands before starting their game, we love to capture our student's having a special moment on film etc.. It's important to us that we are able to do so every chance we get. With that said, please know that your registration for any of our programs or events will serve as acknowledgement and permission for your child to be photographed or videotaped for our companies promotional purposes, whether it be for our video's or our websites, flyers, banners etc.. If you are not okay with this please forward us an email stating your objection to email@example.com and we will do our very best to not include your child in any of our individual or group photos. In the event your child is captured on a video or is photographed for whatever reason, please make us aware of it and we will do our best to remove the photo from our website or video immediately.
9.) PLEASE UNDERSTAND - Makeup IS FOR a class we cancel due to unforeseen circumstances (weather etc) or for a mixup on our part (we schedule a class on a holiday etc) NOT FOR ONE YOU CANNOT MAKE.
CHILDREN HAVE LOTS OF FUN AS THEY THINK THEIR WAY TO ACADEMIC SUCCESS!
We Make Serious Learning Fun!
Chess Helps Enhance Scholastic Skills.
We have introduced the game of chess to 100,000 students, and by extension, their parents.
Earn an invitation to our 12TH Annual Grand Match Gala Invitational.
Address: 8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd. Ste 110/771 Los Angeles, CA 90045
Office Phone: 323-251-7010
Work Fax: 310.216.1306